Breakfast of Champions: Best Steel Cut Oats Recipe Imaginable
- 1 cup steel-cut oats*
- 3 cups filtered water
- ¼ tsp. Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1-2 tsp. raw, unfiltered honey
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil, cold-filtered, unrefined
- ¼ cup roasted almonds
- 2 tbsp. toasted unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 servings protein powder of choice**
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 banana, sliced
*This recipe can also be made with gluten-free rolled oats for a faster, gluten-free version made in the microwave; however, the water measurements will change.
**If you don’t like the taste of your protein powder, you won’t like the taste of this recipe. Step 1: find a protein powder you enjoy! In this recipe, we used Vital Farms Collagen Peptides, no flavor.
- Bring water and salt to a boil. Then add in the oats, stir and reduce heat to a simmer. Cover and cook for about 10-20 minutes depending on how mushy you like it.
- Remove from the heat and let cool. Stir in the honey, coconut oil, cinnamon and protein powder. Stir until well combined. You want to make sure to let the oats cool before stirring in the protein powder. Sometimes the protein can get clumpy if it’s too hot.
- Garnish with ¼ cup blueberries, ¼ banana slices, ½ tbsp. coconut flakes, 1 tbsp. almonds and a drizzle of honey.
- Serve immediately. You can store the leftovers in individual-serving size Tupperware for easy grab-and-go breakfasts for the following three days. Keep in fridge. When ready to eat, reheat in microwave or on stovetop. Feel free to switch up the flavors by adding fresh fruit, unsweetened dried fruit or chia seeds on top.
Nutritional Information & Macros
Dietary Information: Contains gluten, nuts & dairy
Macros per serving
- 283 calories
- 10g fat
- 36g carbs
- 15g protein
Found At – Born Fitness