This colorful Farmers Market Salad is fresh twist on a tortellini salad and perfect as a side or main dish!
Tender tortellini is cooked and cooled and then tossed with a variety of fresh veggies and cheese in a quick homemade dressing. SO EASY!!
Cheesy Tortellini Salad
We are absolutely in love with this salad!
- It is packed with tasty ingredients
- The fresh dressing is homemade and takes just a minute to make.
- Swap out the veggies below for your faves or even leftover roasted or grilled vegetables.
- This dish can be made ahead of time and keeps for days.
- It’s great as a side dish or hearty enough as a main dish.
PASTA We prefer cheese tortellini as this salad is served chilled!
VEGGIES Colorful additions make this tortellini salad both beautiful and delicious! We’ve used our favorite tex-mex inspired veggies making sure to vary colors and textures.
How to Make Farmers Market Salad
Farmers Market Salad may be quick and easy, but it’s an impressive salad!
- Cook tortellini al dente. Rinse, drain, and cool.
- Combine all ingredients, including cooled tortellini.
- Place dressing in a jar and shake well. Toss with tortellini mixture.
Refrigerate at least an hour before serving. Add avocado right before serving.
For pasta salads, always add a bit more dressing than you think you’ll need. As it chills (which helps the flavors to blend), the pasta will absorb some of the dressing.
Tips for Tortellini Salad
- Cook pasta al dente (firm) as it will soften slightly in the dressing.
- Dress the salad generously as it will absorb the dressing as it sits.
- Refrigerate the salad before serving to allow the flavors to blend.
- This a great make-ahead salad! Put the finished salad in a serving bowl and cover it with plastic wrap.
- For a dressing short cut, use pre-packaged jarred pesto with olive oil or another favorite vinaigrette.
Favorite Cold Salads
Did you make this Farmers Market Salad? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Farmers Market Salad
Farmers Market Salad is full of fresh, colorful veggies & cheesy tortellini, tossed in a cilantro-lime vinaigrette!
Cook tortellini al dente (firm) according to package directions. Drain and rinse under cool water.
Combine cooled tortellini in a large bowl with all ingredients except avocado and dressing.
Combine dressing ingredients in a small bowl, toss into the tortellini mixture. Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving, tossing occasionally.
Add avocado just before serving.
Cook pasta al dente (firm) as it will soften slightly in the dressing.
Dress the salad generously as it will absorb dressing as it sits.
Refrigerate the salad before serving to allow the flavors to blend.
This a great make-ahead salad! Put the finished salad in a serving bowl and cover it with plastic wrap.
For a dressing short cut, use pre-packaged jarred pesto with olive oil or another favorite vinaigrette.
Calories: 426, Carbohydrates: 28g, Protein: 12g, Fat: 31g, Saturated Fat: 20g, Cholesterol: 31mg, Sodium: 490mg, Potassium: 260mg, Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 5g, Vitamin A: 1849IU, Vitamin C: 24mg, Calcium: 207mg, Iron: 2mg
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Keyword best tortellini salad, Farmers Market Salad, how to make tortellini salad, tortellini salad, tortellini salad recipe
Course Pasta, Salad, Side Dish