Fried Egg Burrito
Burritos are fun, versatile, and easy to make. A single burrito is enough for a whole meal and works for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
What You Need
Fried Egg Burrito Ingredients
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 can low sodium black beans, drained (not rinsed)
- 1/2 cup pre-cooked rice (leftovers work great for this meal and saves time)
- 1 tortilla or burrito wrap (suggested: look for 4g or more of fiber per serving)
- 2 eggs, fried (or cooked however you like them)
- Plum tomatoes, diced
- Fresh basil, chopped
- Avocado (optional)
1/4 cup non-fat plain Greek Yogurt
2 Tbsp water
- In a skillet on medium heat, soften garlic and onions for 3 minutes. I use a splash of water in place of oil or butter.
- Add black beans. Cook for another 3-5 minutes.
- While veggies are cooking, prepare your eggs the way you like them.
- For the sauce combine yogurt + hot sauce + water.
- Assemble the burrito with a spoonful of rice, a spoonful of black bean mixture, a handful of tomatoes, eggs, basil, sauce.
Natalie is a M.S. in Nutrition & Performance candidate; anticipated completion December 2021. She is a level 2 Precision Nutrition coach and holds a B.S. in Health Sciences. Natalie has helped hundreds of clients simplify nutrition and reach their goals since she joined the Born Fitness team in 2017.
Found At – Born Fitness