This Taco Quinoa Bowl is chock full of goodness with ground chicken, beans, and veggies!
Colorful, crunchy, and healthy, this quinoa bowl recipe will is the perfect lunch or dinner! It’s easy to make ahead of time and can keep for a few days. Set out a variety of toppings so everyone can build their own healthy creation!
Taco Quinoa Bowl
- This nutritious recipe not only tastes great but it’s also fun to make and eat.
- A healthy dose of protein-laden quinoa makes it filling.
- Use any ground meat or even leftover taco meat.
- Great to make ahead, serve warm or chilled.
- Add your own favorite toppings to make this fresh favorite.
LEAN CHICKEN Ground chicken is used in this recipe, but ground turkey or beef could be used as well!
VEGGIES Poblano peppers, diced red bell peppers, and southwest corn are seasoned in taco mix.
Try our Mexican seasoning recipe and use it in so many other dishes! Taco quinoa bowls are a great way to use up leftover meat like beef, turkey, or ground turkey, and for a fully vegetarian version, switch out the meat for black beans.
Add-Ins & Toppings
- VEGGIES Diced avocados, black olives, shredded lettuce, or jalapenos.
- CHEESE Shredded cheddar cheese, crumbled cotija cheese, or Monterey Jack.
- SAUCES Try salsa, sour cream, or guacamole!
How To Make Taco Quinoa Bowl
Customizable quinoa bowls are easy to put together.
- Simmer rinsed quinoa with broth & one whole green onion
- Brown chicken & onion. Add corn, taco seasoning, & water. Simmer until thickened.
- Remove whole green onion from quinoa & divide among 4 bowls.
- Top with chicken mixture & desired toppings.
Taco quinoa bowls will keep in the refrigerator for 4 days. Store them in separate serving containers and they’ll be the perfect grab-and-go meals for any time. Quinoa can be made in advance and even frozen in quart-sized zippered bags whenever you want a quick lunch or light dinner!
Did you make this Taco Quinoa Bowl? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Taco Quinoa Bowl
Taco Quinoa Bowls are loaded with chicken, seasoned veggies, and quinoa! Top with salsa, sour cream, or guacamole.
Rinse quinoa until water is clear. Combine quinoa, broth and one whole green onion in a sauce pan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer covered 25 minutes.
Meanwhile, brown ground chicken and onion in pan until no pink remains. Add taco seasoning and ½ cup water. Simmer until thickened.
Divide quinoa over four bowls (discard whole onion). Top with seasoned chicken, corn, and sliced green onion. Add toppings as desired.
Nutrition information does not include toppings below.
Diced tomatoes, diced bell peppers, olives, shredded cabbage, salsa, sour cream, cheddar cheese, jalapenos.
Calories: 401, Carbohydrates: 42g, Protein: 29g, Fat: 13g, Saturated Fat: 3g, Trans Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 98mg, Sodium: 664mg, Potassium: 1065mg, Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 1g, Vitamin A: 187IU, Vitamin C: 12mg, Calcium: 47mg, Iron: 4mg
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Keyword how to make a Quinoa Bowl, Quinoa Bowl, Quinoa Bowl recipe, Taco Quinoa Bowl
Course Dinner, Entree, Lunch, Main Course
Cuisine American, Mexican